Help for Support Services and Charities
Hop Skip and Jump believe in developing strong working relationships with local authorities and their associated professional bodies when providing care to disabled and SEN children and adults. Our mission is to deliver flexible and immediate respite care and, as a result, all of our centres are able to provide practical help to the challenges faced by local authorities in providing short term respite care. The list below gives an indication of the services that we are able to offer you:
- We provide Cost Effective, Flexible, Immediate and sustained DAY/EVENING Care for children and adults with special needs, however complex with skilled care workers to interact and care
- Access to Professional Nursing Care
- Alternative Education for children who have been excluded or bullied at school
- Extended days, 8am–10pm to allow parents to return to work or attend to other responsibilities
- After School Care, “Pyjama Time”, Youth Group Evening Care, Adult Group Evening Care
- Sibling Days
- Alternative Education for Post and Pre-operative children excluded from school due to illness
- Groups for visually and audibly impaired parents with seeing and hearing children
- Care for Abused Children and Adults
- Facilities for Supervised Access (separated parents who can only have access to their children under supervision)
- Facilities for life developing skills such as Cooking and Interaction
- Newly diagnosed Babies and Toddlers mornings
- Parents with learning Difficulties parenting courses
- Family linking service to provide babysitting, help in the home and advice
- Volunteering and Work Placement opportunities for young adults with disabilities
- Volunteering opportunities for prospective adoptive parents
Our flexible and immediate care enables professionals to refer children and adults to us with no pre-qualification: there are no binding contracts and we operate on a case by case basis, with no need to book sessions in advance. Our facilities and staff are equipped to enable us to look after children and adults no matter how complex their needs are and to ensure that all our benefactors achieve their creative, developmental, educational and social potential.
Furthermore we are able to support the families with advice, parenting aspirations, self esteem, parenting skills and practical care as well as giving them the breaks they desperately need. In addition we offer extended hours, helping working families and those who are seeking to return to work, whilst our transport service means we are able to pick-up and drop-off from home/school where necessary.
At Hop Skip and Jump we are passionate about improving outcomes for families and carers of children with disabilities and SEN, with a focus on reducing exclusion and loneliness and preventing family breakdown.
Local Authority Professionals we work with:
- Children’s Services
- Health Visitors
- Occupational Therapists
- Educational Psychologists
If you are a professional currently working with a child or adult whose family/carer could use a break or you feel a place at one of our centres could be of benefit to your patient, please don’t hesitate to contact us.