Fundraising is a vital part of the work of Hop Skip and Jump. As an entirely non for profit organisation and receiving no local government funding, we rely 100% on donations and grants to keep our centres running – so we truly value your support!
From fun runs to cake sales there are so many ways you can get involved. It doesn’t matter how large or how small your fundraising efforts are, we really do appreciate every penny! With each of our centres costing on average around £180,000 to run and maintain every year, your donations can make a real difference to families in your local community. As many as 1 in 10 families or 15% of the population are affected by some form of disability, so the money you raise could help provide much needed respite care for families you know in the local area.
Here are few ways we use your donations:
- £1 buys a two-course, home cooked, evening meal for one child
- £5 buys a bag of new balls for our fabulous “ball pit”
- £15 pays for a family to have one hour of much needed respite care.
- £50 buys a half-day of respite care for one child.
- £100 provides a full day of respite care.
- £180 allows us to run an after-school club for our children to express their creativity.
- £500 keeps one of our centres open and fully staffed for a day.
- £5,000 keeps one of our minibuses on the road for a full year, transporting children to our centres.
- £30,000 would provide for a brand new soft-play facility at one of our centres.
There are hundreds of different events that you could organise, and the more creative you are the better! So from the mad ultra-marathon to the humble mufti day, every event helps to support the work we undertake in each of our centres. For some ideas, why not try some of the events below? Each one is a sure fire way to get people involved and raise lots of money for Hop Skip and Jump!
Boot Sales – Bungee Jumping – Cake Sales – Car Washes – Craft Fairs – Dress-Down Days – Fashion Shows – Fetes – Fun Runs – Gala Balls – Garden Parties – Jail Break – Jumble Sales – Karaoke Nights – Ladies Luncheons – Marathons – Non-Uniform Days – Office Parties – Parachuting – Pub Quizzes – Silent Auctions – Sky Dives – Talent Shows